Upper School History Instructor
The Upper Campus of Sierra Canyon seeks a dynamic and experienced teacher of History for the 2021 - 2022 school year.
The school is looking for a teacher who exhibits excellence in the classroom, encourages students' development as informed and ethical citizens of the world, and is interested in working collaboratively with colleagues.
Sierra Canyon teachers enjoy an outstanding work environment and excellent benefits, and engage with students who are eager to learn. As a private independent school, the school actively seeks to increase the diversity of its faculty and develop an inclusive community.
• The main responsibility will be teaching five sections of history courses in the high school.
• Candidates with flexibility in teaching different subjects including Ancient and Pre-Modern Civilizations, Modern World History and U.S. History will be preferred.
• Outside of the classroom, teachers are encouraged to lead clubs, engage with students, attend outdoor ed. trips, et al.
• Other responsibilities include those that are normally part of a private independent school commitment: weekly duties, positive interactions with students and parents, becoming a member of the community by attending different events.
• Experience teaching history or social sciences at the high school level in an independent school
• A masters' degree (preferred).
• Interest in and demonstrated skill working with adolescents.
• The interest, initiative, and energy to thrive in a lively and fast-paced academic community.
• A sense of humor, humility, and the ability to work as part of a team within one's own division, as a member of the history department and as an integral part of the faculty.
• A commitment to an inclusive community.
To apply, send a letter of interest, resume/CV, and a sample of your work.