Upper School Science Instructor
Sierra Canyon School seeks a passionate, experienced educator to serve as a full-time upper school science instructor beginning in the 2021-22 school year.
Teaching duties will include five sections of science in the upper school. The range of classes will depend on the qualifications of the candidate though candidates with experience teaching Physics and Engineering are preferred. In addition, Sierra Canyon has a relatively new Engineering Lab that the science department and administration plan to expand in its use.
Sierra Canyon teachers enjoy an outstanding work environment and excellent benefits and engage with students who are eager to learn. As an independent school, the school actively seeks to increase the diversity of its faculty and develop an inclusive community.
* A competitive candidate must be an inspiring educator who is passionate about teaching mathematics in a manner that effectively reaches students.
* The candidate must also demonstrate an ability to work collaboratively on team teaching and horizontal and vertical alignment.
* Outside of the classroom, teachers are encouraged to lead clubs, engage with students, attend outdoor education trips, etc.
* Other responsibilities include those that are normally part of a private independent school commitment such as weekly duties, positive interactions with students and parents, and membership in the community by attending different events.
* A masters' degree (preferred).
* Experience teaching Engineering and Physics, including different Honors and Advanced Placement courses.
* Independent school teaching experience.
* The interest, initiative, and energy to thrive in a lively and fast-paced academic community.
* A sense of humor, humility, and the ability to work as part of a team within one’s own division, as a member of the Science Department and as an integral part of the faculty.
To apply, send a letter of interest, resume/CV, and a sample of your work.